Pages

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Up Late, Thought I'd Blog/ Accepting Resposibility

So it has been almost two months since I have "blogged". Wow... I haven't intended to be so prolific! Ha! I reall do wish that this would be a regular habit for me. Good disciplines are hard for me to establish. Blogging is not the only area I struggle with. I also struggle with keeping an in-depth prayer life and daily Bible readings. I have read all the Spiritual Self-help books to no avail. I guess I just have to buckle down and do it!

I find that we as humans have a very hard time accepting responsibility for our lives. Not only do we have a hard time accepting responsibility for worldly/secular things, but spiritual things as well. We argue over who was supposed to take out the trash, why the lawn wasn't mowed, why no one called Grandma, nobody fixed the sink, and a million other things. We try to find excuses fo why our churches aren't growing. "We've been overwhelmed by all the work days." "We don't have enough youth." "We couldn't find the right music or the right program." We need to accept our responsibilities. I should have been the obe to take out the garbage, call granny, fix the sink, and invite my neighbor to church. Oh, by the way, I should be the one who makes myself begin my day with prayer to my Father. It's up to me to read my Bible, not just devotionaly, but to study it and learn God's Word.

So maybe this whole blogging thing has taught me one thing I didn't expect it to: I can only blame myself for not following through on the things I start. It is up to me to grow in my walk with Christ and up to me to make my life all that it can be for His glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, thanks for stopping by! Please leave a comment of question.